Press Release: Bicycle Center

Press Release: Bicycle Center

Starting this week, the Coginchaug Bicycle Center will be open in the Tech-Ed wing to teach the fundamentals of bicycle maintenance and repair.

The Coginchaug Bicycle Center will begin operations next week for CRHS students to learn the fundamentals of bicycle maintenance and repair. The program will be an extracurricular activity, with interested students able to visit during study halls or scheduled after-school hours. The CBC is housed in a section of the former automotive shop in the Tech Ed wing. Interested students and staff can come for an introduction to the bike center on Tuesday, February 23rd after school or, if they have a study hall, on Friday, February 26th during B4. (During the school day, students will need a pass from their study hall teacher or from Mr. Kurtz).

The Coginchaug Bicycle Center will be a school and community resource for students to learn about bicycle repair, maintenance, and rehabilitation, with the goal of being able to share their knowledge and use their skills for their own development and to help other members of the community, including younger children and people in need. The associated program will emphasize practical mechanical skills, safe use of tools, self-reliance and independence, problem-solving, community and collaboration.

The Bicycle Center was funded by a generous grant from the Coginchaug Valley Education Foundation and made possible with the support of Pedal Power in Middletown and the assistance of Mr. Robert Francis and the CRHS custodial staff.

For more information, contact Mr. Kurtz at [email protected]