Ready to Lounge in CRHS

As we approach these last months of high school, one last surprise is being set in here at Coginchaug, known as the Upperclassmen Lounge. Principal Mr. Brian Falcone reports that once the foosball table is put together, the lounge is expected to be opened Monday, May 16 and stay open during every study hall block for upperclassmen with a teacher present to make sure students are signed in.

Even though room 116 is a privileged area to do your work as a junior or senior who holds the same minimum grade requirements as having a flex study hall (juniors cannot receive any grade below a C- for quarter grades, and seniors cannot receive any grade below a D- for quarter grades), CRHS basic school rules still must apply. “There will be no eating or drinking in the lounge, lights must be kept on, and the music must be school appropriate and at a reasonable volume with the advantage of a docking station,” said Mr. Falcone.

After mistakenly ordering child-sized bean bag chairs, Mr. Falcone has put in a new order for “monstrous” bean bag chairs, he said.

To successfully put together the lounge, challenges had to be taken on including taking down countertops for computers and fixing a wall with panels; this was accomplished with the hard work of students Ty Ryer, Eric DeBrum, and Jack Murphy, under the guidance of technology education teacher Mr. Larry Gaechter.