Lyman Hall/Haddam-Killingworth/Coginchaug Hockey poised for Championship Season

In the first five seasons of their co-op, Lyman Hall/Haddam-Killingworth/Coginchaug hockey has grown as a program and is really taking off. With expectations increasing every year, they again will look to make noise in the Division III State Tournament.

In the 2016-2017 season, LHKC made the Division III state semifinals; then, in the 2017-2018 season, they lost in the quarterfinals of states. LHKC has run the show in the Southern Connecticut Conference and has been the conference number one seed the past three years. Led by senior captain Kyle Roberts and assistant captains Connor Satton, Matt Pettit, and Ryan Niemiec, the LHKC hockey team again will be a favorite for the title.

“Anything short of a state title and conference championship would be upsetting because of the talent that we have.” said Roberts. “We have good young talent; sophomore forward Aidan Weir is returning. Also, newcomer and defenseman Ryan Brockett and freshman forward Jack Roberts will help us out.” LHKC also returns four of their five leading scores from the past season in Kyle Roberts, Matt Pettit, TJ Isleib, and TJ Arduini.

Satton, who was one of the team’s top scorers last year, said, “The conference is really a two-horse race between us and Sheehan this year; we always have a battle with them.”

Sheehan won the conference last season and Newtown the season before that; however, LHKC feels it is their turn to come out on top. With a strong senior presence and good young talent as well, LHKC hockey is poised for a conference and state championship.