Art Club Spotlight

Art club is a place to be creative without the pressure of being graded on it. It is also a relaxing and calming place to be creative with expression. Art club meets on Wednesdays. I just got the chance to interview Mr. Bothamley, the CRHS art teacher, and Jessica Rybak who is part of the Art Club. I asked them both some questions. For Mr. B, I asked him ‘What is art club about?’ He responded saying, “It’s a place for students who like to work on art projects.” He continued saying “it’s all free choice and there can be opportunities for community service.” Question two was: Why did you want to become an art teacher? His response was he wants to share ways to create art fits with being an artist himself. The next question I asked him was: Do you believe art is for anyone and everyone? He replied saying yes. Adding on to saying, “art is visual media to communicate things that can’t be put into words.” Going back in time, I asked him if he painted or drew when he was younger. He mentioned he did both. Also, playing with clay and anything to be creative with. The final question for him was: what would you say to a student who wants to be a visual artist. He said “it’s good to practice drawing and it’s good to find connections between art and the world.” 

Moving on, with Jessica Rybak, I asked her questions that are pretty similar to what I asked Mr Bothamley. Firstly, why did you want to join art club? Jess said she wanted to do things she wanted without being graded on it. Which, I feel that. Secondly, Do you prefer drawing or painting? Rybak responded with “Painting, so it can blend more.” Lastly, What inspires you the most to draw? Rybak replied with, “looking up things and drawing them.” Finding reference photos to inspire and improve her art. Additionally, people draw and paint because they like to express themselves within their feelings. Join the Art Club! 

View Comments (1)