PRESS RELEASE: Bring Your Bike to School Day

PRESS RELEASE

Coginchaug Tour de Cure Team Holding Fundraiser

‘Bring Your Bike to School Day’: Saturday, May 9th

On Saturday, May 9th, teachers and students from Coginchaug Regional High School will hold a community bicycle clinic for Durham and Middlefield-area residents to raise money to support their participation in the American Diabetes Association’s Tour de Cure on June 14th.

Under the supervision of an experienced bicycle mechanic and League of American Bicyclists-certified cycling instructor, Team Coginchaug members will conduct free helmet fittings and bicycle safety inspections for residents of all ages. They will perform basic adjustments to get residents’ bicycles ready to ride for spring: inflating tires, lubricating chains and cables, checking all bolts and quick-releases for proper tension, and adjusting brake and shifter cables. The suggested donation is $25.00, but any contribution to help the members of Team Coginchaug meet their fundraising goals for the Tour de Cure will be gratefully accepted.

Residents should bring helmets and their bicycles to the Coginchaug parking lot, where the clinic will run from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

On June 14th, a team of students, teachers, graduates and friends of Coginchaug Regional High School will ride in the Tour de Cure, the signature fundraising event for the American Diabetes Association. There are Tours nationwide and each year they typically raise more than $25 million to support the mission of the ADA to help prevent diabetes and advocate for those affected. There are more than 29 million Americans living with diabetes, with more than 200,000 of them under the age of 20.

Each rider on Team Coginchaug has pledged to raise at least $200 to support the ADA.

For more information, or to join or support Team Coginchaug, visit our team page.

Page_1