Taylon’s Top Five: Week 11

1. Kansas City Chiefs

Record: 7-2

A three-headed monster at running back leads to another win this week for the Chiefs.  Ware, West and Charles provide extreme upside to co-op with a dynamic quarterback in Alex Smith.  Defense has really been the story here though, and two crucial turnovers against the Panthers has allowed Kansas City to get their seventh win of the season.

1. Seattle Seahawks

Record: 6-2-1

On the other end of the Sunday Night Football spectrum, a HUGE win for the Hawks increased their lead in the NFC West to two games.  A dominant defense continues to be the story for Seattle, even with the absence of Michael Bennent (really wanted to see those two brothers go head to head in that game but oh well).  Wilson seems to be back to normal, and the 15 pounds of tape on each of his ankles seems to be doing him some justice as well.

1.  New England Patriots

Record: 7-2

Tough loss this week at home for the Pats.  Tom Brady threw his first interception of the 2016 season, and you can see why fans were so angry about the release of Jamie Collins in a defense that let up 31 points and allowed Russell Wilson and company a game-winning drive.  While this is certainly no reason to panic if you are a Pats fan, you can certainly see a difference in the team when Brady isn’t playing at his normal MVP level.

1.  Oakland Raiders

Record: 7-2

How can you not love the story in Oakland this year? At 7-2, the Raiders now have over an 80 percent chance of making the playoffs and even winning the AFC West, a division full of power in Kansas City and Denver.  Derek Carr is playing phenomenally, and partnered with Latavius Murray, Amari Cooper and a solid o-line, watch this high-powered offense this week coming off their bye.  Only caveat: a defense that, OTHER than Khalil Mack, is quite poor to say the very least.

1. Dallas Cowboys

Record: 8-1

It’s hard not to pick the Cowboys after a big win this week on the road.  They simply have all of the ingredients a team needs to stay successful in this league consistently: arguably the greatest offensive line in the HISTORY of the NFL, a high powered offense led by two great emerging rookies in Prescott and Elliot and a defense that is no longer the ‘achilles heel’ of a team that for so long has been so bad.  Watch out NFC.

ben_roethlisberger_4