Lady Devils Go Into Overtime Against East Lyme

On Jan. 3, the Lady Devils played East Lyme, starting the game with a record of 4-1 versus East Lyme’s 6-2.

The game started in the Devils’ favor with the jump ball going to them. The Devils scored the first two points, but East Lyme was quick to retaliate with a three-pointer. From there, the first quarter was competitive, as the teams were very evenly matched. The quarter ended with a score of 18-14 with East Lyme four points ahead.

By 6 minutes and 32 seconds, the Devils made a comeback, tying the game 18-18. Throughout the second quarter, the teams were neck and neck, but the Devils were the stronger team offensively. The score at the end of the half was 30-23, with the Devils in the lead.

The Devils started the quarter hot and scored five points within the first 49 seconds. During this quarter, the Devils kept the upper hand, and East Lyme trailed behind. The score at the end of the third quarter was 41-34, the Devils remaining in the lead.

The pressure was on in the fourth quarter. With 4 minutes and 19 seconds left in the game, the score was 45-40 and the Devils only had a five-point lead. At this point, the game could have gone either way. The fourth quarter ended with a tied score of 48-48, pushing the game into overtime.

Both teams gave it their all during overtime. The Devils started with a lead but fell behind at the end of the 4 minutes. East Lyme won the game by making some last-minute three-pointers and having a strong defense. East Lyme won the game, with a final score of 60-56.