Stone Appointed Principal

Interim Principal Debra Stone has been appointed full time principal at Coginchaug Regional High School, according to a ParentSquare message released today. 

Doug Schuch, the Superintendent of Regional School District 13, said in the statement that, “Deb stepped into the role of Interim Principal on very short notice and has done a tremendous job leading our high school through the recent uncertainty, as well as a number of other challenges.” 

Stone has served in education for 28 years, being in Regional School District 13 for the past nine years as the principal at the former Korn School and at Memorial Middle School. She holds a bachelor’s in economics from Fairfield University, a master’s in education from Sacred Heart University, a sixth-year in education from the University of New England, and a certificate in administration from Sacred Heart. 

Stone said, “It is an honor to be appointed Principal of Coginchaug Regional High School. I look forward to working closely with our learners, staff, and  families to create a learning environment that is student-centered and accepting of all.” 

Stone took over as Coginchaug principal on the interim basis on April 4th after the resignation of Matthew Warner. Stone’s role at Memorial will be continued by acting principal Samantha Winkler, the program coordinator at the Middlesex Transitional Academy until a replacement is hired.