Boys Basketball Looking to Change the Momentum in Their Upcoming Games

After coming back from winter break, the boys basketball team had a few tough games. The team is coming off of three losses to East Hampton (53-58), Haddam-Killingworth (57-59), and Old Saybrook (43-56), and hoping to turn things around.

The boys know they need to keep working hard and fighting going into the next few games, which are also going to be tough ones. Their next game is Jan. 2 against Cromwell. They are prepared to go into this game giving it their all, knowing it’s not going to be an easy one.

“We just need to play as one and truly work harder when given chances to play,” senior captain Thomas Vallone said. They are primarily looking to play strong defense and communicate well together the whole game.

The boys are 3-8 going into this game against Cromwell (8-0).

Junior Chris Onofrio said, “We need to pick up the intensity and need to come out strong.”

Knowing this game is going to be one of the hardest ones this year, the team has been working really hard during practice and focusing on coming together for a much needed team win.

Vallone said, “We have a lot of close games, and the team is not showing its full potential when it comes down to it.” They are trying to come together as a team to work on the specific things that need to be done to turn their season around.

“We have the potential and work ethic; we just need to put it together on the court,” Onofrio said. This is serving as a wake-up call for the team to improve on the weak spots.

The Blue Devils are working on finding their teamwork and heart at this point of the season and are preparing for a very challenging game ahead of them. The Cromwell Panthers have not lost to a Shoreline team this year, but the boys are hoping to come out strong and keep the momentum going throughout the game and give Cromwell their first loss of the season.