Boys Outdoor Track: Shoreline Champions Once Again

The boys finished their Shorelines meet on top with 199.5 points, crushing every team they competed against. The closest team to them was H-K with 164 points. The boys showed up big in every category, sprinting, long distance and throwing.

The sprinters had a huge day in all of their races, giving the boys vital points. In the 100M race, Ryan Genest finished in fourth with a time of 11.44 seconds. Genest and Colin Sheehy finished in the top 10 in the 200M (Genest 8th, Sheehy 10th). The 400M race had only one boys runner finishing in sixth place, giving the team valuable points (Anthony Gavrilovic sixth place at 55.52 sec.). The boys 4x100M team broke a school record and finished in first place with a time of 45.01 sec. (Max Sartor, Derek Labasi, Daniel Lee, Genest).

Coginchaug dominated the 110M hurdles and the 300M hurdles. In the 110M hurdles, Sartor finished in first. Labasi finished in second, and Kyle Strang finished in sixth. In the 300M hurdle, Tim Arcari finished in first, Cooper Berry placed second, Labasi came in fourth, and Sartor finished in eighth. The boys ended in fourth place in the 4x400M race with a time of 3 min. 40 sec. (Evan Hempel, Gavrilovic, Lee, and Arcari).

Distance struggled in Shorelines, but senior Sean McMaster helped as much as he could. In the 800M race, McMaster placed sixth with a time of 2 min. 6 sec. He also finished in sixth place in the 1600M race(4 min. 44 sec.).

Once again, the throwers and jumpers helped the boys maintain the lead and dominate Shorelines. In shot put, Tanner Jameson placed fourth and Reid Rodrigue placed sixth. Ryan Genest came in second in discus, throwing 121’04. Joe Venables took first place in javelin (164’01) and Justin van Eyndhoven finished in fifth place (137’05). In high jump, Reid Rodrigue placed first (5’08), Timothy Arcari came in second (5’08) and Zach Satagaj got ninth (5’04). Three boys placed in top 10 for the pole vault: Cooper Berry took third (12’00), Chris Ulizio got fourth (11’06) and Connor Zolnik got seventh (11’00).

Long jump was no different for the boys; Timothy Arcari placed second (19’10), Matt Schinas got fourth (19’05) and Kevin Cross placed eighth (18’07). Triple jump gave the boys loads of points: Matt Schinas placed second (39’05), Kyle Strang came in third (39’04), Derek Labasi came in fourth (38’08) and Reid Rodrigue got seventh (37’10).

The boys finished Shorelines confident for States and gave the seniors a moment to remember. They head to the Boys Track Class M State Championship today.